CUSTOM IN-GROUND SWIMMING POOLS AND SPAS
SPECIALTY POOL CONTRACTORS INC.
Commercial Pool Design:
Complete Design Services and approval processed from regulating authorities.
Design based on owners requirements with budget constraints in considerations.
Specialty Pools is a builder of motel, hotel, community, school, country club, fitness center pools and therapy facilities.
Recently Completed Projects:
- Hampton Municipal Pool: prime contractor, 16,000 sf.
- Edgewood Community Club: prime contractor, 30'x75'.
- Fox Chapel High School: prime contractor, renovate aluminum pool.
- City of Altoona: prime contractor, renovate two city pools.
- Pittsburgh Steelers/Pitt Facilities: design and construct 5 therapy pools.
- Oxford Raquet Club: design construct 4 pools.
- Lincoln Caring Community Center: 45'x75' with movable floor - Prime Contractor.
- Boro of Huntingdon: Municipal Pool - Prime Contractor, 5,000 sf.
- Fox Chapel Golf Club: Renovation club pool - Prime Contractor
- Boro of Bellvue: Renovation of 13,000 sf. Municipal Pool - Prime Contractor.
Infinity or Negative Edge Pools
A pool with no visible coping or decking is referred to as a 'disappearing' or 'negative edge' pool. A 'disappearing edge' pool blends into the surroundings and looks like a natural part of the landscape. The edges actually exist in the form of a catch basin to recycle the water back to the pool. Disappearing edge pools tend to be most effective near waterfront property, since the pool becomes an extension of the body of water behind. The more complicated the pool design, the greater the cost. These pools are almost always concrete in-ground pools due to the strength and design specifications.
Faux Rock Formations:
This is a process of making man made hollow rocks or boulders to form lifelike waterfalls and landscaping features used in and around swimming pools and spas.